Business fire safety advisor (level 3)
Work with businesses to help protect their premises from fire.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Protective services
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Plan and prepare for visits to simple premises including interpreting building information
- Conduct effective visits to simple premises
- Advise, influence and educate stakeholders on fire safety matters in relation to simple premises
- Identify fire hazards and risks in simple premises
- Evaluate fire hazards, risks and control measures in simple premises
- Report on the compliance and findings of visits to simple premises
- Recommend options to support appropriate risk reduction measures, fire precautions and maintenance routines in simple premises
- Recognise when a situation is beyond the scope of their role and take appropriate action
- Record keep in line with organisational requirements
- Use ICT effectively to support work
- Demonstrate good organisational skills, the ability to work unsupervised and manage workloads within agreed timescales
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, the ability to work with others and build positive professional working relationships
Full information on Business fire safety advisor (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location