Science industry process and plant engineer (degree) (level 6)
Helping design the manufacturing process for science-based technology and products.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 60 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Biochemical engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Plant engineer
- Process control engineer
- Process engineer
- Process safety engineer
- Project engineer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Ensure the control, within own area of responsibility, of major accident hazards, health & safety, to statutory, mandatory and environmental standards.
- Ensure that targets are met and maintained, within own area of responsibility, whilst complying with defined company procedures and legislative requirements
- Prepare for and perform process/plant engineering tasks using the appropriate techniques, procedures and methods
- Support the evaluation, submission, planning, installation and commissioning of capital, maintenance and revenue projects to improve process performance
- Work autonomously to analyse, interpret and evaluate engineering data, presenting the results and problem solving approach clearly and concisely in written and oral form, using technology where appropriate to assist with and evaluate activies
- Apply continuous improvement techniques and support existing manufacturing principles to drive effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage and/or support the introduction of new technologies and practices
- Use creative thinking and problem solving to challenge assumptions, innovate, make new proposals and build on existing ideas.
- Plan and prioritise process/plant tasks using project planning tools, review and evaluate progress against objectives and investigate alternative scenarios
Full information on Science industry process and plant engineer (degree) (level 6) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location