Commercial thermal insulation operative (level 2)
Applying insulation and cladding materials.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- identify and correctly use tools and equipment including: Dividers, Mole grips, Drills and Safe blades
- comply with all organizational security, safety arrangements and procedures
- apply insulation materials to cylindrical and flat surfaces
- fit pre-formed metal cladding/and or other finishes for insulation protection
- work reliably and safely, sometimes without close supervision, to approved industry standards and safe working practices
- work effectively and efficiently, both individually and as part of a team, maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and the public
- safely move, handle and store resources
- competently erect and dismantle portable scaffold towers and work safely at heights to comply with The Work at Height Regulations which requires all persons working at height to be competent using the relevant equipment and correct personal safety
Full information on Commercial thermal insulation operative (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location