Golf greenkeeper (level 2)
Caring for the overall appearance of a golf course, maintaining a good quality playing surface and ensuring a challenging and enjoyable experience for golfers.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Agriculture, environmental and animal care
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Ground maintenance Technician
- Grounds Maintenance Operator
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Maintain good standards of health and safety for self and others
- Preparing the golf course for play which will include removing early morning dew and debris from the greens, raking bunkers, moving tee markers, cutting new holes on greens
- Preparing and using equipment and machinery to maintain and renovate all turf surfaces within the golf course, including the use of tractors, ride-on machines, and specialist equipment
- Apply turf treatments to help produce quality playing surfaces, including fertilisers and top dressing
- Using a variety of integrated methods to control weeds, fungal diseases, pests and turf disorders
- Maintain and renovate bunkers and other hazards such as water features
- Maintain drainage and irrigation systems
- Preparing ground to establish turf and plants when maintaining, renovating and constructing golf course features
Full information on Golf greenkeeper (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location