Passenger transport operative (level 2)
Ensuring the safe travel of passengers, their customers, themselves and their colleagues.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Dispatch operative
- Passenger transport operative
- Ticketing operative
- Transport onboard team member
- Transport operational team member
- Transport station team member
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Maintain safe and compliant working practices and travel environments, in accordance with regulation and organisational requirements.
- Prepare own work area to support safe and efficient delivery of transport services.
- Recognise and manage inappropriate passenger/public activity to maintain the integrity of the transport service.
- Identify passenger/public behaviour that indicates vulnerability and respond to help keep them safe.
- Respond to incidents and emergency situations in line with requirements.
- Identify potential incidents, breaches of security and emergency situations, and take appropriate action to ensure safety.
- Prepare for your next shift in accordance with operational requirements and own organisations procedures.
- Assist vulnerable passengers who require help, using specialised equipment or systems where necessary.
- Respond to enquiries and complaints in line with expected own organisation requirements.
- Diagnose passenger related issues to provide accurate advice and support.
- Educate passengers to keep safe within the travel environment.
- Select from a range of communication methods to tailor messages to the audience.
- Utilise available equipment and systems in accordance with operational requirements.
- Stop a vehicle to reduce the risk to those potentially affected by an emergency situation.
Full information on Passenger transport operative (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location