Senior insurance professional (level 6)
Helping people and businesses assess and manage the risks they face.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Technical ability: Applies specialist technical knowledge and experience to unfamiliar and/or complex situations. Proactively responds to insurance market changes to deliver positive outcomes to all stakeholders. Consistent application of legal insurance principles, knowledge of the market structure and its processes and procedures and documentation to a range of complex situations.
- Relationship development and management: Engages and networks proactively with clients/customers and colleagues/senior management, as required to deliver business outcomes. Manages customer/stakeholder expectations effectively. Uses interpersonal skills and networks to influence and gain support, to deliver positive business outcomes.
- Communication: Uses a range of advanced communication techniques to convey complex information. Negotiates effectively. Seeks out opportunity to communicate complex information clearly and negotiate effectively by applying advanced communication techniques.
- Ownership and initiative: Contributes to the development and implementation of operational plans within business area. Manages people and/or processes to ensure the operational and strategic needs of business are met. Challenges existing processes and procedures to improve the customer/client/ stakeholder experience. Uses a structured, evidence-based approach when taking ownership for resolving identified problems. Able to provide a clear rationale when making decisions.
- Governance: Uses in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements to support organisational compliance. Uses understanding of risk to contribute to anticipating, identifying and managing exposures within their business area.
- Advice and support: Consistently supports others and collaborates to achieve results in line with business strategy. Takes a leadership role within team when appropriate. Is alert to sector developments and notifies others where they impact on own business area.
- Management of information & data: Obtains and analyses relevant information and data to evaluate performance and influence business results. Uses data analysis to challenge existing business processes/procedures. Proficient in the use of bespoke and/or generic IT software and systems needed to facilitate the analysis and evaluation of data.
Full information on Senior insurance professional (level 6) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location