Process automation engineer (degree) (level 7)
Designing, developing, deploying and supporting the types of instrumentation, control and automation systems as used in the chemicals and process industry sector.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to master’s degree.
- Typical duration
- 60 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- able to analyse complex automation problems of a process nature, reducing them to their underlying issues, and can synthesise solutions subject to constraints.
- able to develop, from first principles, qualitative and/or quantitative models and simulations of systems in terms of the functionality of their components and signals and can interpret their input-output relationships.
- able to develop dynamic models based upon commercially available simulation packages.
- able to adapt and apply control theory, related techniques, technology and knowhow to the solution of process automation problems, open ended or otherwise.
- able to translate those requirements into designs, especially of application software, and can realise them using the standard functionality of a proprietary ICSS or otherwise
- can manage automation projects in terms of the planning and deployment of human and physical resources for activities such as design, development, testing, documentation, etc.
- able to handle the commercial and/or financial aspects of an automation project in terms of costs, resources, overheads, cash flow, margins, profit, etc.
- can make judgements about and take responsibility for technical issues, such as operability, productivity, quality, reliability, safety, security, sustainability and viability, in an industrial context.
Full information on Process automation engineer (degree) (level 7) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
No training providers available for this course yet
Try searching for another course.
Can't find a training provider?
We can let other training providers know you are interested in Process automation engineer (degree) (level 7).