Digital engineering technician (level 3)
Support digital engineers and specialists in completing complex tasks using digital engineering techniques.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Able to identify risk activities and encourage all employees to demonstrate safety-conscious behaviours. Able to extract reports and images for tool-box talks and site- inductions using models and simulations
- Assess, identify and record the environmental impact of project. Using models to demonstrate the reduction of waste to stakeholders
- Assist in applying engineering principles by using established and emerging engineering technologies
- Prepare simple commercial schedules and reports demonstrating digital workflows
- Prepare initial design briefs, recommendations, programmes and detailed designs via a digital workflow considering design risks and responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of innovation, contributing to case studies that demonstrate value. Good general IT skills and their application
- Create simple construction simulations and logistic planning using a digital workflow
- Assess and report on quality standards of the projects via the digital environment
- To identify where the current role ties in to the construction industry. Articulating the respective position in the construction sector and highlighting how it integrates with other sectors / disciplines
- Support the development of stakeholder engagement and carry out a stakeholder presentation, demonstrating the appropriate presentation skills
- Demonstrate the ability to move information from project delivery into commissioning and operation through involvement in the handover of digital assets
Full information on Digital engineering technician (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location