Building services engineering ductwork installer (level 2)
Assembling, installing and repairing ductwork made from a wide range of materials.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Apply relevant safety legislation, codes of practice and safe working practices to self and others in building services engineering working environments.
- Prepare work areas in new and existing sites to undertake allocated ductwork component installation work tasks.
- Undertake the installation of system components in ways which use resources efficiently, to complete allocated work tasks effectively, safely and with consideration to environmental impact using industry recognised standards.
- Apply installation, assembly, positioning, fitting and pre-testing techniques on; rectangular, circular and flat oval, air handling unit, fire-rated and local exhaust ventilation ductwork system components, to industry recognised standards.
- Undertake allocated work tasks in the pre/decommissioning of ductwork systems.
- Solve problems within their scope of responsibility.
- Identify, evaluate and report problems through the application of technical skills and knowledge.
Full information on Building services engineering ductwork installer (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location