Building services engineering ductwork craftsperson (level 3)
Installing and servicing building ventilation systems.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 48 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- air conditioning engineer
- ductwork engineer
- ductwork fitter
- ventilation engineer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Apply relevant safety legislation, codes of practice and safe working practices to self and others in building services engineering working environments.
- Plan and organise ductwork system work tasks.
- Prepare work areas in new and existing sites to undertake allocated ductwork component installation work tasks.
- Undertake the installation of ductwork system components in ways which use resources efficiently to complete work tasks, effectively, safely and with consideration to environmental impact using industry recognised standards.
- Apply installation, assembly, positioning, fitting and testing techniques and oversee the work of others on: rectangular, circular and flat oval, fire-rated, air handling units and local exhaust ventilation ductwork system components, including prefabricated and/or modularised components and distribution systems, to industry recognised standards.
- Undertake work tasks in pre-commissioning, commissioning, handover and decommissioning of ductwork systems.
- Take site measurements to allow new items of ductwork to be manufactured.
- Carry out on-site modifications as appropriate.
- Solve problems within their scope of responsibility and that of others under their control.
- Identify, evaluate and implement solutions to problems through the application of technical skills and knowledge, and report as appropriate.
- Oversee the programme of work and work environment, taking responsibility for the work, quality, safety and welfare of others.
- Mentor and support the learning and development of others.
Full information on Building services engineering ductwork craftsperson (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location