Building services engineering installer (level 2)
Installing large-scale environmental system components for heating and cooling industrial and commercial buildings.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- building services technician
- environmental systems engineer
- installation engineer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Apply relevant safety legislation, codes of practice and safe working practices to self and others in building services engineering working environments.
- Plan, organise and undertake the installation of industrial and commercial system components in ways which use resources effectively to complete allocatedwork tasks, effectively, safely andwith consideration to environmental impact using industry recognised practices.
- Prepare work areas in new and existing sites to undertake allocated component installation work tasks ensuring: safe access and egress for self and others is maintained; components, tools and equipment are stored and positioned safely and to allow efficient workflow; mechanical supply services and electrical tool supply connections are correctly identified; and the need for other trades support is identified and arranged.
- Apply pipework fabrication, installation and jointing techniques for industrial and commercial system components to industry recognised standards. This includes prefabricated and/or modularised components and distribution systems, and including the assembly, positioning, orientation and fixing of storage vessels, heat emitters, pressure vessels, controls.
- Undertake allocated work tasks in the testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning and decommissioning of industrial and commercial cold water systems, hot water systems, heating systems and chilled water systems.
Full information on Building services engineering installer (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location