Nuclear technician (level 5)
Providing technical support to engineers and scientists in the nuclear industry.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national diploma (HND).
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- nuclear technician
- plant design
- plant operations
- project engineering
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Work competently and safely in a technical nuclear environment, understand and promote personal responsibility for Health, Safety, Radiation Protection, Environmental Protection, Quality, Security, Safeguards and principles of Risk Management.
- Utilise mathematical, engineering and scientific tools to provide suitable solutions to nuclear applications.
- Accurately observe, record and draw conclusions from data and experimental evidence and presentation of findings under supervision.
- Develop and write technical reports that meet business requirements including the optimisation and continuous improvement of processes and services.
- Utilise Information Technology (IT) for performing and supporting the business processes including, communications, work co-ordination, task analysis and problem solving.
- Promote and actively support the application of quality standards relevant to the workplace and organisation.
- Demonstrate decision making ability commensurate with agreed levels of responsibility.
Full information on Nuclear technician (level 5) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location