Senior production chef (level 3)
Managing a team to produce standardised dished and menus within a kitchen environment.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Catering and hospitality
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- head chef
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Supervise the production of centrally developed menu items and dishes according to organisational specifications.
- Ensure deliveries are checked and stored correctly.
- Monitor the correct use and maintenance of food production equipment.
- Acquire and share with the team up-to-date information regarding product range, brand development, promotions and current trends.
- Monitor the production of food to ensure clients’ needs are met.
- Monitor and ensure the effective implementation of food safety management systems.
- Monitor and ensure legislative compliance and the completion of due diligence documentation.
- Support team members to ensure the timely delivery of high quality food to the specification required.
- Maintain harmony across the team and with colleagues in other parts of the organisation, identifying and dealing with problems constructively to drive a positive outcome.
- Use effective methods of communication and operate in a fair and empathetic manner that achieves the desired result and demonstrates a customer centric culture.
- Identify development needs for self and team and actively encourage and support individuals to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Effectively use techniques that support cost reduction, improve performance, revenue, profit margins and customers’ experience.
- Monitor costs, using forecasting to set realistic targets with the team.
- Effectively control resource allocation, minimise wastage and use sustainable working practices.
- Use technology to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Risk assess situations, identifying and isolating matters of concern, by establishing the cause and intervening accordingly to minimise risk to people and organisation.
- Carry out activities in line with business/brand values that actively market the business, support competitiveness and help meet business objectives.
Full information on Senior production chef (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location