Assistant accountant (level 3)
Carrying out routine financial activities and support for businesses and organisations of all types and sizes.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 15 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Accounting technician
- Accounts clerk
- Assistant accountant
- Assistant cashier
- Finance assistant
- Purchase ledger clerk
- Sales ledger clerk
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Assist with the investigation and response to financial information queries.
- Record and analyse financial data using the organisation’s standard tools and processes.
- Apply double entry bookkeeping and accounting standards to process financial documents, generate financial statements and report financial information to users of accounts.
- Assist with production of accurate financial information for the preparation of accounts.
- Reconcile financial data, such as, preparation of reconciliations or review of reconciliations.
- Investigate, resolve or escalate transactional queries and errors within their remit as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Communicate financial information in a way that non-finance stakeholders can interpret and understand.
- Utilise digital skills to present key financial information using finance and accounting software and applications.
- Use software packages to assist with basic accounting tasks in line with cyber and data security requirements, using data securely and safely, including backing up data.
- Communicate using varying approaches and different media methods with an appreciation of the risks and benefits to the business of social media and other digital applications.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.