Customer service practitioner (level 2)
Providing customer service products and services for businesses and other organisations including face-to-face, telephone, digital and written contact and communications.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Sales, marketing and procurement
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- customer assistant
- customer relations advisor
- customer relations assistant
- customer service advisor
- customer service agent
- customer service associate
- customer service rep
- customer service representative
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Use a range of questioning skills, including listening and responding in a way that builds rapport, determines customer needs and expectations and achieves positive engagement and delivery.
- Depending on your job role and work environment:
- Use appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication skills, along with summarising language during face-to-face communications; and/or
- Use appropriate communication skills, along with reinforcement techniques (to confirm understanding) during non-facing customer interactions.
- Use an appropriate ‘tone of voice’ in all communications, including written and digital, that reflect the organisation’s brand.
- Provide clear explanations and offer options in order to help customers make choices that are mutually beneficial to both the customer and your organisation.
- Be able to organise yourself, prioritise your own workload/activity and work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate patience and calmness.
- Show you understand the customer’s point of view.
- Use appropriate sign-posting or resolution to meet your customers needs and manage expectations.
- Maintain informative communication during service recovery.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.