Supply chain warehouse operative (level 2)
Carrying out a range of moving, packaging and stock-taking roles and duties in a warehouse environment.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Fork lift truck operator
- Store person
- Warehouse assistant
- Warehouse operative
- Warehouse person
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Conduct risk assessments within the working environment.
- Apply safe working practices in line with associated health and safety legislation and company policy.
- Receive products in line with organisational procedures.
- Store and pick products in line with organisational procedures.
- Dispatch products in line with organisational procedures.
- Decant, pack products in line with organisational procedures.
- Communicate with others verbally, for example internal and external customers, colleagues, and managers.
- Communicate in writing with others, for example internal and external customers, colleagues and managers.
- Load and unload products, considering the product that is to be moved and its current and planned destination.
- Use tools and equipment to aid in product handling.
- Use information technology and digital systems. Comply with GDPR and cyber security.
- Locate and use operational information, electronic or paper based, required to fulfil contractual requirements.
- Select, prepare, and use packaging materials that reduce waste and mitigate environmental impacts.
- support under instruction scheduled and unscheduled stock taking activities relevant to the organisation and product.
- Identify and escalate problems beyond own responsibility.
- Follow procedures in line with environmental and sustainability regulations, standards, and guidance. Segregate resources for reuse, recycling and disposal.
- Follow equity, diversity and inclusion rules.
- Carry out and record learning and development activities.
- Conducts handover activities.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.