HM forces serviceperson (protective services) (level 2)
HM Forces first response ground troops, providing peacekeeping duties and support/assistance to the civilian community as required and directed by HM Government.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Protective services
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Infantry soldier including the queens guards
- Royal air force regiment gunner
- Royal armoured corps crew
- Royal marines rifleman
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Take responsibility for effective performance within their role.
- Carry out safe working practices using the individual personal weapon.
- Operate safely and effectively in emergency situations.
- Operate within hazardous environments using Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear individual protective equipment.
- Apply First Aid to minor and major injuries.
- Use fieldcraft techniques to camouflage and conceal self, equipment and location.
- Use and maintain personal safety and specialist equipment.
- Operate tactically in open country and wooded areas without being seen or heard.
- Occupy tactical locations by constructing strongholds.
- Conduct tactical patrols.
- Indicate targets by judging distance and range cards.
- Navigate using recognised methods, across varying terrains by day and night.
- Conduct sentry duties within a tactical location.
- Communicate effectively, through tactical hand signals.
- Send and receive messages using in-service portable radios.
- Drill movements; Dress for the event, perform foot and arms drill, show respect and courtesy to visitors.
- Use physical resources as not to cause injury to self or others
- Show how to prepare and maintain operational equipment and resources, ancillaries, ammunition and pyrotechnics.
- Show understanding of Individual Weapons, purposes and characteristics.
- Show how to operate weapons and remedy malfunctions.
Full information on HM forces serviceperson (protective services) (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
No training providers available for this course yet
Try searching for another course.
Can't find a training provider?
We can let other training providers know you are interested in HM forces serviceperson (protective services) (level 2).