- Composites Technician
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Training options:
- day release
- block release
- at your location
Explain training options
Day release: for example one day a week at the training provider's location.
Block release: for example 3-4 weeks at the training provider's location.
At your location: the training provider comes to your workplace.
- Achievement rates:
About the apprenticeship:
Weston College has a multi-million pound engineering centre located in North Somerset and currently works with a number of engineering businesses to provide apprenticeships.
Your apprentices will benefit from Ofsted outstanding training delivered by assessors with industry knowledge, as well as our award-winning facilities including our IT suites and engineering workshops.
We will develop your apprentice's soft skills such as communication and teamwork and give them access to online study materials and an e-portfolio.
At Weston College, we assign each business an account manager and an assessor, both of which will be on hand to answer any questions and hold regular visits to provide support throughout the programme.
Weston College is an Ofsted outstanding, multi-award winning, college based in the South West.
Our comprehensive apprenticeship service is provided by an in-house team of professionals, all with industry experience, who will ensure our service is tailored to meet the needs of your business.
We offer a free recruitment service to all employers seeking new staff and can also help to implement staff development programmes for your existing employees using the apprenticeship framework.
Weston College holds several award ceremonies each year to recognise the achievements of our business partners and apprentices. We also actively participate in national competitions and involve employers from all sectors.
What employers are saying
Overall rating from October 2018 to now
- Excellent 25 out of 78 reviews
- Good 49 out of 78 reviews
- Poor 3 out of 78 reviews
- Very poor 1 out of 78 reviews
- Communication with employers (45)
- Getting new apprentices started (34)
- Training facilities (24)
- Improving apprentice skills (23)
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (18)
- Adapting to my needs (16)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (16)
- Providing the right training at the right time (16)
- Working with small numbers of apprentices (13)
Things to improve
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (25)
- Communication with employers (19)
- Getting new apprentices started (12)
- Adapting to my needs (6)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (4)
- Working with small numbers of apprentices (4)
- Improving apprentice skills (3)
- Providing the right training at the right time (3)
- Training facilities (1)
- Employer satisfaction:
- Learner satisfaction:
- Source: FE Choices
- Legal name:
- WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Content maintained by WESTON COLLEGE
Give us your feedback
This is a new service and your feedback will help us improve it.
Use the link below to take part in a short survey.
Education and Skills Funding Agency cannot guarantee the accuracy of course information on this site and makes no representations about the quality of any courses which appear on the site. Education and Skills Funding Agency is not liable for any losses suffered as a result of any party relying on the course information provided.