Preparing food and carrying out basic cooking tasks in every section of a kitchen under the supervision of a senior chef.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £8,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- principles of basic food preparation and cooking
- food safety standards, practices and procedures, and personal hygiene standards
- stock checks, stock control and waste management
- setting up, preparing and cleaning their working environment
- identifying commonly used knives and equipment and their specific uses
- team working and developing working relationships
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number NOCN 0300 999 1177 firstname.lastname@example.org Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 email@example.com Babcock Assessments Ltd 0800 077 8738 firstname.lastname@example.org Brockenhurst College 01590 625555 email@example.com BIIAB 01276 684449 firstname.lastname@example.org The Army Catering Trust 01962 887247 email@example.com Professional Assessment Ltd 0800 160 1899 / 07940 035681 firstname.lastname@example.org Allsup&Dale limited Allsupanddale@outlook.com City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 email@example.com Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 firstname.lastname@example.org iCQ 0207 849 3370 Support@icanqualify.co.uk Training Qualifications UK 03333 583 344 email@example.com Assessu 0115 975 9550 Jane.firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.