Assistant technical director (visual effects)
Supporting visual effects (VFX) projects by providing technical assistance to creative departments, troubleshooting workflow issues, and managing data and resources.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have:
- A levels (or equivalent) in an information communications technology (ICT) or moving picture related subject
- English and maths at level 2
- What apprentices will learn
- understanding of a VFX project workflow
- data and render management
- databases, software design and scripting
- processes of a specific department: animation, lighting, effects or rigging
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.