Outside broadcasting engineer
7 (equivalent to master’s degree)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Candidates must have a driving licence and be prepared to work away from home. They will also usually have 1 of the following:
- an engineering or technical degree
- at least 3 years of substantial experience
- What apprentices will learn
- technical skills for sound, vision and media management
- location-based practice, including rigging cables, working at heights and working on a stage
- power management
- setting up and using cameras and lighting
- networking technologies
- radio frequency systems
Apprentices will achieve the Postgraduate Diploma in Outside Broadcasting Engineering.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number University of Bradford 01274 233940 email@example.com
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.