Live event rigger
Installing the infrastructure for the scenic, lighting, sound and audiovisual elements of a live event.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Apprentices must be 18 years old and physically fit.
Candidates will usually have:
- at least 3 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) in maths, English and science
- basic IT skills
- What apprentices will learn
- general health and safety
- identifying and minimising hazards and risks
- selecting, using, storing and maintaining equipment, tools and materials
- planning and organisational work methods
- rigging skills and techniques
- reading and interpreting designs
- working at height
- team working and communication
Apprentices will complete a level 2 assessment for the Professional Lighting and Sound Association's (PLASA) National Rigging Certificate
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.