Relationship manager (banking)
Providing financial products and services to customers, helping them achieve their business goals.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 48 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have A levels or other relevant level 3 qualifications. Employers may also consider relevant prior experience.
- What apprentices will learn
- ethical standards
- product knowledge
- risk and governance
- market awareness
- customer relationships
- financial analysis
- other skills related to 1 of the following specialisms: corporate, retail, wealth
Professional qualifications for this apprenticeship depend on the level of experience in the sector and the parts of the bank the apprentice works in. You can find more details in the apprenticeship standard.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
Depending on their specialism, successful apprentices will be able to apply for registration with the following organisations:
- retail banking: Chartered Banker Institute (CBI), Institute of Financial Services(IoFS)
- wealth: CBI, IoFS, Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment (CISI), Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
- corporate banking: IoFS, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.