Junior energy manager
Helping organisations meet sustainability commitments by reducing energy consumption and reducing costs.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have at least 3 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English and maths.
- What apprentices will learn
- theory and practices relating to energy, energy efficiency and energy loss assessment
- energy performance, water measurement and verification of measured data
- the economics of energy consumption
- energy legislation, regulation and policy environments
- collecting, recording and analysing data from energy meters and understanding manufacturers' installation and maintenance requirements
- estimating energy from solid or liquid fuels that aren't metered
- energy tariffs
- improving energy management and how this contributes to an organisation's broader strategies
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
Successful apprentices will be eligible for registration as a recognised energy manager with the Energy Managers Association (EMA) and a technician member with the Technician Member Energy Institute (TMEI).
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.