Installation electrician / maintenance electrician
Install, maintain and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial and domestic environments.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 42 months
- Current funding band
Up to £18,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have level 2 maths and English. (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- What apprentices will learn
- principles, practices and legislation applying to electrical systems
- installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in buildings
- how to diagnose and correct electrical faults
- planning and maintenance of electrical systems
- health and safety, environmental and wiring regulations for electricians
Apprentices will achieve the level 3 Electrotechnical qualification for installation or maintenance.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
The candidate will satisfy the requirements for registration as engineering technician (EngTech) by the Engineering Council (EngC).
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.