Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Servicing and repairing light vehicles such as cars and vans, working on all the systems found in the vehicle.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £15,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- the basics of vehicle technologies and emerging technologies
- types and characteristics of light vehicles
- diagnostic principles and logical problem-solving techniques
- basic tasks common to all procedures
- how to maintain a safe and efficient workshop
- using specialist equipment
- servicing and maintaining a vehicle without supervision
- investigating vehicle faults and identifying causes
- removing, repairing and replacing parts in line with manufacturer's standards
Apprentices must get a qualification that meets the EU's 2014 F-gas regulation.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 email@example.com The Institute of the Motor Industry 01992511521 firstname.lastname@example.org Autoexel Limited 01235 553296 email@example.com EAL 01923 652 400 firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.