Early Years Practitioner
Working with young children on a day to day basis supporting the planning and delivery of activities.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £4,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- What apprentices will learn
- child development
- safeguarding and child protection
- leading play activities
- health and safety
- achieved level 1 English and maths (GCSE grades 3 to 2 or D to E)
- studied for and taken the assessments for level 2 English and maths (GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- achieved level 2 Early Years Practitioner Qualification
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.