BEMS (Building Energy Management Systems) Controls Engineer
The control, performance and efficiency of energy usage in industrial, commercial and public buildings.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £15,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- install, configure and update control hardware platforms
- understand the controls and performance of field device types
- standard network architectures
- communication skills
- budget management
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths on entry will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment (GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C).
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.