Advanced Golf Greenkeeper
Assisting with supervising the greenkeeping team and maintaining the golf course.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £7,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- preparation of the golf course in accordance with the Rules of Golf
- prepare, establish and maintain golf course playing surfaces
- preparation, maintenance and storage of machinery
- supervise the greenkeeping team
- control of weeds, pests and diseases on the golf course
Apprentices must have achieved the following before taking their end-point assessment:
- level 2 English and maths (GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- level 2 award in safe use of pesticides (PA1)
- either PA2 (boom sprayer) or PA6 (hand-held applicators)
- Professional registration
Accreditation to British and International Golf Greenkeepers Association (BIGGA).
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.