Installing a wide range of replacement and new build fenestration (window) products in a property or structure.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- different types of window products and their purpose, safety and security rating
- energy ratings and building regulations
- types of materials used such as aluminium, steel, timber and PVC
- types of fittings and fastenings such as handles, hinges and locks
- weatherproofing and drainage systems
- health and safety
English and maths
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must achieve an English and maths qualification:
at level 1 (GCSE grades 3 to 2 or D to E)
and study towards and take the assessments for level 2 (GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.