Construction Design and Build Technician
Helping with essential building tasks such as planning, designing and project management.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer, typical entry requirements are five GCSEs (grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) or equivalent, including English, maths and a science, or a level 2 apprenticeship.
- What apprentices will learn
- about the construction process, contracts and quality standards
- how to analyse client requirements and develop detailed designs
- risk assessment of design solutions
- the importance of behaviours in safety-critical environments
- about sustainability across economic, social and environmental aspects
- about cost control on a construction project
- apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment (grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- level 4 construction and built environment
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.