Accounts / Finance Assistant
Maintaining an efficient and accurate finance process in a business.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- assist a team of accountants
- basic bookkeeping activities
- how to work with sales and purchase ledgers
- how to run calculations to ensure records and payments are correct
- how to record cash and data entry
- elements of commercial law and relevant policies and procedures
Apprentices must have achieved the following before taking their end-point assessment:
- level 1 English and maths (GCSE grades 2 to 3 or D to E)
- study towards and take the assessments for level 2 English and maths (GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C).
You will be required to take one of the following as part of the apprenticeship:
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2)
- ACCA Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting (level 2)
- IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- Professional registration
- IAB associate level membership
- ICB associate level membership
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.