Using advanced communication and behaviour-change skills to allow people to make lifestyle and food choices to improve their health
This standard needs a training provider who is recognised by the associated approval body. Please check with the training provider for further details.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 48 months
- Current funding band
Up to £24,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Three A-levels (to include biology) or equivalent qualifications.
- What apprentices will learn
- how to gather and critically evaluate research and other sources of complex information
- the structure and function of the human body, together with knowledge of health, disease, disorder and dysfunction to optimise nutritional status
- to appraise, select and use a range of techniques, technologies and resources to assess the nutritional needs of individuals groups and populations
- formulate dietetic treatment plans based on dietetic diagnosis, including setting of goals and timescales tailored to the needs of individuals and groups
- the context of dietetic services in the wider health and social care system
Apprentices must have achieved the following before taking their end-point assessment:
- level 2 English and maths (GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
You will be required to take one of the following as part of the apprenticeship:
- BSc in Dietetics or, where the apprentice already holds a level 6 degree, a pre-registration MSc Dietetics, approved by the Health and Care Professions Council
- Professional registration
Full member of the British Dietetic Association.
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.