Facilities Services Operative
Providing facilities services support to customers, staff and facilities management departments.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £3,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- health and safety including manual handling and food safety
- hard facilities management (maintenance) and soft facilities management (support) and the differences between these
- how to carry out a conditions survey
- energy usage and the efficiency of heating and lighting systems
- the roles of experts such as contractors, engineers and surveyors
- risk assessment
- emergency and evacuation procedures
- customer service, customer feedback and complaints procedures
Apprentices must have achieved the following before taking their end-point assessment:
- level 2 English and maths (GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- BIFM level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services Principles
- Professional registration
Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (associate)
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.