Vehicle Damage Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) Technician
Removing and refitting damaged vehicle mechanical and electrical components
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £15,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- fault finding
- accessing and removing mechanical and electrical components
- mechanical and electrical systems
- repair and safe handling of all vehicle fuel types
- vehicle hardware and software
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.