Arts Therapist (degree)
Using art, drama or music to improve a personâ€™s wellbeing and health.
This standard needs a training provider who is recognised by the associated approval body. Please check with the training provider for further details.
7 (equivalent to master’s degree)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £17,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
- have a degree or degree level experience in art, drama or music
- have an English qualification equivalent to level 7 of the International English Language Testing System, with no element below 6.5
- pass enhanced background checks
- What apprentices will learn
- managing caseloads
- assessing client needs
- psychological therapy techniques
- report writing
- how to identify risks
- apprentices will do an art therapy, art psychotherapy, drama therapy or music therapy degree accredited by the Health and Care Professions council
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.