Early Years Educator
Teaching and developing young children.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- numeracy and language skills
- shape individual learning experience
- child development from birth to 5 years
- safeguarding policies and procedures
- paediatric first aid
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- achieved a level 3 Early Years Educator (EYE) qualification
- achieved a level 3 award in paediatric first aid (RQF) or emergency paediatric first aid (RQF)
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.