Chartered Town Planner (degree)
Shaping the places where we live and work.
This standard needs a training provider who is recognised by the associated approval body. Please check with the training provider for further details.
7 (equivalent to master’s degree)
- Typical length
- 60 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by the employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- planning theory, policy and practice
- planning law
- project management
- economics of land and property markets
- strategic and local planning policy
- apprentices without level 2 English and maths (or equivalent) will need to have achieved this before taking their end-point assessment
- Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) fully-accredited qualification
- Professional registration
Chartered membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.