Using a range of data gathering techniques for life science research.
7 (equivalent to master’s degree)
- Typical length
- 30 months
- Current funding band
Up to £18,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Applicants will often have experience in the life sciences or informatics/computer science subjects.
- What apprentices will learn
- researching the latest data gathering techniques
- how to design effective experiments
- defining what data is needed for a particular scenario
- how to carry out data analysis
- understanding relevant legal and ethical issues
Apprentices will do a non-integrated bioinformatics masters degree.
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.