Using a range of data gathering techniques for life science research.
7 (equivalent to master’s degree)
- Typical length
- 30 months
- Current funding band
Up to £18,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Applicants will often have experience in the life sciences or informatics/computer science subjects.
- What apprentices will learn
- researching the latest data gathering techniques
- how to design effective experiments
- defining what data is needed for a particular scenario
- how to carry out data analysis
- understanding relevant legal and ethical issues
Apprentices will do a non-integrated bioinformatics masters degree.
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.