Lift and Escalator Electromechanic
Fitting, maintaining and repairing lifts and escalators.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £21,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- component installation and maintenance techniques
- how to use tools such as diagnostic equipment and measuring instruments
- operating electronic control systems
- interpreting instructions and diagrams
- safety standards and risk assessments
Apprentices will achieve a level 3 national vocational qualification in engineering maintenance or installation and commissioning. Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to apply for membership of the Society of Operations Engineers when they complete this apprenticeship. They will also be able to register as an engineering technician with the Engineering Council.
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.