Working with patients to improve their range of movement, and promote health and wellbeing
This standard needs a training provider who is recognised by the associated approval body. Please check with the training provider for further details.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 48 months
- Current funding band
Up to £24,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Candidates will need at least 3 A levels at grades A* to C including biology or equivalent. They must also pass enhanced security checks.
- What apprentices will learn
- how to assess, diagnose and treat people
- physiotherapy approaches to the whole body including musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiovascular and respiratory systems
- designing and providing individual and group rehabilitation activities
- managing clinical caseloads
- health and safety requirements
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to apply for:
- registration to practise as a physiotherapist with the Health and Care Professions Council
- membership and chartered status with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.