Pharmacy Services Assistant
Serving customers at chemists and pharmacies.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- taking in and handing out prescriptions
- advising customers about non-prescription items
- doses and forms of medicines
- maintaining pharmaceutical stock
- managing orders for medicines
- roles and responsibilities of pharmacy and healthcare professionals
Apprentices must have achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G) before taking their end-point assessment. They must also have taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.