Marina and Boatyard Operative
Carrying out a variety of roles such as moving, mooring, repairing and cleaning boats.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £10,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- knowledge of how boatyards and marinas operate
- safe working techniques
- how to move and secure boats
- record keeping
- how to use specialist equipment and tools
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices will need to have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.