Growing and looking after plants in places like parks, public spaces, garden centres and commercial nurseries.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £8,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- understanding what nutrients plants need
- knowledge of what grows well in different soils
- how to use and maintain gardening tools and equipment
- plant removal
- pest and disease control
Apprentices will need to have achieved level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.