Engineering Construction Erector / Rigger
Putting up and taking down plant steel structures on construction projects or lifting and moving heavy loads on a construction site.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £18,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- lifting, moving and handling equipment
- communication and signalling methods
- identifying and using the correct tools
- risk assessment
- health and safety
- apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment
- level 3 Diploma in Engineering Construction Lifting, Positioning and Installing Structures, Plant and Equipment (RQF) erecting
- level 3 Diploma in Engineering Construction Lifting, Positioning and Installing Structures, Plant and Equipment (RQF) rigging
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.