Waste Resource Operative
Removing waste and recyclables from homes and businesses for disposal or recycling.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- types of waste and how it should be processed
- environmental protection
- operating systems and procedures
- collection and transportation of waste
- health, safety and hygiene
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
Chartered Institution of Wastes Management - technician grade.
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Waste Management Industry Training & Advisory Board 01604 231950/ 07508 283574 Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.