Mineral and Construction Product Sampling and Testing Operations
Testing construction products such as concrete, cement and tarmac.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 14 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- knowledge of how materials are produced
- understanding the properties of minerals
- how to test products
- quality control techniques
- health, safety, and environmental regulations
- apprentices will take a level 2 Mineral Products Qualifications Council certificate in laboratory and associated technical activities for mineral products operations
- apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and Maths before taking the end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.