Preparing food in a busy professional kitchen.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- preparing, cooking and presenting dishes under tight time pressures
- how to keep a professional kitchen clean
- understanding different dietary requirements
- ensuring portions are the right size
- how to use specialist kitchen equipment
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End-Point Assessment
View a list of end-point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number City and Guilds 0207 294 3201 Jamie.Holland@cityandguilds.com Innovate Awarding Limited 07870 982542 email@example.com BIIAB firstname.lastname@example.org Training Qualifications UK 03333 583344 email@example.com Allsup&Dale limited Allsupanddale@outlook.com The Army Catering Trust firstname.lastname@example.org Professional Assessment Ltd 0800 160 1899/ 07958 467444 email@example.com Babcock Assessments Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.