Maritime Electrical / Mechanical Mechanic
Testing, maintaining, and repairing electrical or mechanical equipment on ships and submarines.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- identifying and repairing faults
- basic knowledge of fluids and lubricants used in equipment maintenance
- health, safety, quality and environmental regulations
- how to use use various power tools
- how to read and understand instructions
Apprentices must have achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.